Skip to main content

Mt. Bachelor

Preston's busy time is in the middle of February so Callie and I decided to leave town and head to the mountains. Unfortunately it ended up not being the best time to leave town but we made the best of it. I was a bit nervous about the 6-8 hour car ride ahead of us but we bummed a ride with Grandma and Grandpa and Callie was a star the whole ride - having me in the back with her I am sure helped.
The week started off a bit chaotic - the Jones, Sarions, and Sinclairs joined us. Maybe not the best nights of sleeping for some but all the kids had a blast! Mom was a trooper and took all 6 kids for a day so that everyone could go skiing (not quite sure how she did it). Everyone left on Tuesday and Callie got some one on one time with Grandma and Grandpa (I think she is now going through withdrawal).
Ready for the long car ride....
 Sunglasses....check!
The clan - all the kids are at a perfect age! They had a blast together.

Bennett, Maeve, and Maya attempted to try skiing on the first day - let's just say, it wasn't successful for anyone involved!
 Our first day of skiing was absolutely beautiful! Blue skies and perfect snow. Amy and Dad and I quickly hurried up to enjoy the summit before it closed. 
 You really can't beat the view from the top
 While Amy was hurrying to take the kids home, the rest of us enjoyed some great runs while we were waiting for her to come back. 
  I really appreciated all the time Mom gave up to take care of the kids so when everyone else left, Callie and I headed to the park so that mom and dad could have a nice, kid free, lunch in Bend. 
 Getting ready to go swimming - Callie loved the pool. Every time we got in the car, she would say "pool?"
 The three little girls enjoying a book together
 This picture totally cracks me up! It totally looks like Callie and Laurel are standing there having a conversation. Plus, just look at Clara - Ha! So cute!
 Poor mom was stuck at the house with 6 kids, here we are enjoying a nice drink on the mountain
 Swimming with Grandpa. We hit a different pool once everyone left and it was awesome! Callie could walk in it and jump and I didn't have to hold her the whole time. She had a blast. 
 Playing in the fountains
 This picture makes her look like such a big girl


We hit the Stonehenge on the way home to stretch our legs. A much needed break!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting growy

Now that Liam has arrived, it's becoming more and more obvious how big and mature Callie is! I keep telling her that she needs to stop getting so big.....her response? "No, I want to get growy like you so I can open the blinds and drive all by myself!"......hmmm, not quite ready for that! But this weekend was a BIG weekend for Callie, Saturday I was feeding Liam and Callie was changing her babies when she ran off to the bathroom. After a couple minutes Preston ran to check on her and we found that she decided she was done with her pacifier and was throwing it into the trash (we had previously gotten rid of it until we found out she was afraid of the dark, and on our pediatrician's advice, gave it back to her after a month of no sleep). We went with it and Saturday she had her first pacifier free night......it was rough! Unfortunately Preston had to deal with the brunt of it, as I was up with Liam. Not much sleep in the graham house! We were motivated though.....Sunda...

Introducing.....Callie Lynn Graham

Our baby girl has finally come to join our family! Callie was born on August 10th at 6:34 pm., weighing in at 7 pounds 1 ounce and measuring 19.5 inches long. She is a absolute delight and Preston and I can't seem to get enough of her. Although the laboring went quickly, the delivery proved a bit trickier for me and we ended up needing to deliver by C-section. Callie was extremely healthy and was ready to leave the hospital even before I was! Due to a few complications, Preston, Callie, and I ended up staying at the hospital for 5 days. Luckily Preston has so much time off of work - don't know what we would have done if he needed to go back after a week. We can't seem to say enough positive things about the nursing staff at St. Joseph's hospital. They were amazing! Although it was not fun staying at the hospital that long (especially since we only packed our bag for one night) we got a lot of extra help with nursing and overall care of Callie. Both Preston and Call...

Sun River 2018

For mid winter break, we headed up to Sun River for the week. As always, it did not disappoint! The kids had a blast spending the week with Grandma and Grandpa, all their cousins, skiing, and playing in the snow. This year we started with no snow on the ground and ended with a blizzard that made driving home very tricky. Liam stayed home with Grandma while Callie and I skied. Although it is always hard to be left behind, he loves his Grandma so much and they had an absolute blast together. I'm also realizing that she took all the pictures so I have very few with her...major bummer! We celebrated these 2 boys on this trip.  When there is this many kids, you not only take over the whole run but there it is also very difficult to figure out which way to go.... Grandpa and his gang Pretty soon we won't all fit on one couch. Unfortunately our sister/dad ski day did not go as planned. Sarah took a spill the day before and was not able to ski with us for ...