Skip to main content

Growing way too fast!

It is amazing to me how quickly time has passed with Callie. She is no longer a baby anymore - just recently I have realized she has turned into a little girl.
Since we are using this as her baby book here's some updates:
  • We are amazed at her language - we spent a few days with some bad sleeping and every since her language has gone crazy. Although I am not sure people ever believe us (besides day care) because she never talks much in front of people. She can count to ten, she knows her colors, knows her shapes, she is stringing multiple words together. It is so nice having her be able to tell us what she wants (instead of us guessing). Car rides are a bit more pleasant now.
  • She knows what she wants and when she wants it. We now hear her say - "no, Callie" which means she is going to do it on her own. Often she will pull a book off the shelf for mommy and one for Callie. Don't think about trying to read her the one she picked for herself.
  • She now asks for hugs! My favorite part of the day - typically it is when she is upset or hurt and she will stop whatever she is doing (normally crying), look at you, put her arms out, and say hug. Once you give her a hug, she runs off smiling.
  • She gives real kisses and can say I love you!
  • She continues to be very quirky - laughing at very random times. You can't but help laugh along.
  • She loves to cook and I can't get much done in the kitchen without her.
  • She has become attached to Hop Hop - a kangaroo from Grandma and Grandpa. Our hopes that when we try to get rid of the pacifier (yes, I know...it's time) that she will be totally fine with just Hop Hop.
  • Day care has taught her to use the word "mine" when someone is trying to take a toy away from you. I understand why they have done it but I am a bit done with it. It has backfired a bit with her at home and we hear it a lot! Preston and I are trying VERY hard to get her to learn the word share.....
  • She is very active - still loves to be outside (the bike was a big hit) and she loves to dance, jump, or just run around crazy.
  • She is very caring towards her friends. It bothers her when other kids are crying, she will walk over to them and try to figure out how to make them feel better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting growy

Now that Liam has arrived, it's becoming more and more obvious how big and mature Callie is! I keep telling her that she needs to stop getting so big.....her response? "No, I want to get growy like you so I can open the blinds and drive all by myself!"......hmmm, not quite ready for that! But this weekend was a BIG weekend for Callie, Saturday I was feeding Liam and Callie was changing her babies when she ran off to the bathroom. After a couple minutes Preston ran to check on her and we found that she decided she was done with her pacifier and was throwing it into the trash (we had previously gotten rid of it until we found out she was afraid of the dark, and on our pediatrician's advice, gave it back to her after a month of no sleep). We went with it and Saturday she had her first pacifier free night......it was rough! Unfortunately Preston had to deal with the brunt of it, as I was up with Liam. Not much sleep in the graham house! We were motivated though.....Sunda...

Introducing.....Callie Lynn Graham

Our baby girl has finally come to join our family! Callie was born on August 10th at 6:34 pm., weighing in at 7 pounds 1 ounce and measuring 19.5 inches long. She is a absolute delight and Preston and I can't seem to get enough of her. Although the laboring went quickly, the delivery proved a bit trickier for me and we ended up needing to deliver by C-section. Callie was extremely healthy and was ready to leave the hospital even before I was! Due to a few complications, Preston, Callie, and I ended up staying at the hospital for 5 days. Luckily Preston has so much time off of work - don't know what we would have done if he needed to go back after a week. We can't seem to say enough positive things about the nursing staff at St. Joseph's hospital. They were amazing! Although it was not fun staying at the hospital that long (especially since we only packed our bag for one night) we got a lot of extra help with nursing and overall care of Callie. Both Preston and Call...

Sun River 2018

For mid winter break, we headed up to Sun River for the week. As always, it did not disappoint! The kids had a blast spending the week with Grandma and Grandpa, all their cousins, skiing, and playing in the snow. This year we started with no snow on the ground and ended with a blizzard that made driving home very tricky. Liam stayed home with Grandma while Callie and I skied. Although it is always hard to be left behind, he loves his Grandma so much and they had an absolute blast together. I'm also realizing that she took all the pictures so I have very few with her...major bummer! We celebrated these 2 boys on this trip.  When there is this many kids, you not only take over the whole run but there it is also very difficult to figure out which way to go.... Grandpa and his gang Pretty soon we won't all fit on one couch. Unfortunately our sister/dad ski day did not go as planned. Sarah took a spill the day before and was not able to ski with us for ...