Skip to main content

I think its official....

Anyone who lives in Seattle, I think, would agree with the statement that summer has officially started here. I'm really excited to take full advantage of my "at home" status. This will be the first summer I will have Callie 100% of the time at home and I am so excited! We have already been busy, but in the best possible way. 

We've had some extremely hot days which have resulted in many sprinklers, sponge fights, and water balloons. We decided to make some water balloon 'pinatas' and had fun breaking them.




I took the kids on a hike. I was a bit nervous, being on my own, as I was only carrying one in the back pack. Not sure how far Callie would go, I picked a simple 2  mile (round trip) hike and kept my fingers crossed. Callie did it and I was so proud of her!
Liam walked a bit of it and was so happy just being out and exploring. We had lunch at the river and he loved it!

We made it! Yay!!

We even tried to hug some gigantic trees

We've had a couple beach play dates and picnics.....Have I mentioned how much I love Washington....hiking, beach......everything!
We had a super fun picnic with Clara and Aunt Amy

Ha.....Liam looks thrilled

We hit the low tide to explore the tides and just play with Rachel, Cale, and Wyatt. It was a fun day!
The crew


Liam wasn't so sure about the seaweed but had to splash in the water. 



Not a bad spot to swing!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting growy

Now that Liam has arrived, it's becoming more and more obvious how big and mature Callie is! I keep telling her that she needs to stop getting so big.....her response? "No, I want to get growy like you so I can open the blinds and drive all by myself!"......hmmm, not quite ready for that! But this weekend was a BIG weekend for Callie, Saturday I was feeding Liam and Callie was changing her babies when she ran off to the bathroom. After a couple minutes Preston ran to check on her and we found that she decided she was done with her pacifier and was throwing it into the trash (we had previously gotten rid of it until we found out she was afraid of the dark, and on our pediatrician's advice, gave it back to her after a month of no sleep). We went with it and Saturday she had her first pacifier free night......it was rough! Unfortunately Preston had to deal with the brunt of it, as I was up with Liam. Not much sleep in the graham house! We were motivated though.....Sunda...

Introducing.....Callie Lynn Graham

Our baby girl has finally come to join our family! Callie was born on August 10th at 6:34 pm., weighing in at 7 pounds 1 ounce and measuring 19.5 inches long. She is a absolute delight and Preston and I can't seem to get enough of her. Although the laboring went quickly, the delivery proved a bit trickier for me and we ended up needing to deliver by C-section. Callie was extremely healthy and was ready to leave the hospital even before I was! Due to a few complications, Preston, Callie, and I ended up staying at the hospital for 5 days. Luckily Preston has so much time off of work - don't know what we would have done if he needed to go back after a week. We can't seem to say enough positive things about the nursing staff at St. Joseph's hospital. They were amazing! Although it was not fun staying at the hospital that long (especially since we only packed our bag for one night) we got a lot of extra help with nursing and overall care of Callie. Both Preston and Call...

Sun River 2018

For mid winter break, we headed up to Sun River for the week. As always, it did not disappoint! The kids had a blast spending the week with Grandma and Grandpa, all their cousins, skiing, and playing in the snow. This year we started with no snow on the ground and ended with a blizzard that made driving home very tricky. Liam stayed home with Grandma while Callie and I skied. Although it is always hard to be left behind, he loves his Grandma so much and they had an absolute blast together. I'm also realizing that she took all the pictures so I have very few with her...major bummer! We celebrated these 2 boys on this trip.  When there is this many kids, you not only take over the whole run but there it is also very difficult to figure out which way to go.... Grandpa and his gang Pretty soon we won't all fit on one couch. Unfortunately our sister/dad ski day did not go as planned. Sarah took a spill the day before and was not able to ski with us for ...