Holy cow! I can't believe that she is three months old already! Time really seems to fly - I am already dreading going back to work....
- We didn't have a doctor's appointment this month so I have no idea how much she weighs or what her stats are, so let's just say - she's getting heavier, longer, and chubbier (does that work?)
- She has started to control her arms and hands and can now reach and grab for toys on purpose. She has started grabbing onto toys and moving them to her mouth so she can suck on them
- She smiles a lot - especially in the morning and if she is well rested!
- She hasn't laughed yet, but she REALLY wants to - right now you see the huge smile and you hear something that kind of sounds like a cough
- She continues to be a fabulous sleeper - not the best napper but I would take a night time sleeper over a napper anyday
- By far, she prefers to be sitting up than laying down - too bad, she can't quite sit up on her own
- She is NOT a cuddler (darn!). The only time she cuddles is right after she wakes up, so I probably spend more time in the rocker with her after her nap than before it - more than she probably likes but it is officially my favorite time with her
- She loves to talk - especially when she is tired, and will talk the entire way through the pre-nap story
- Her neck is getting stronger and stronger every day and soon she will be sitting in the Bumbo for longer than a few minutes
(this shows how long she really is!)
We had our first set of rough days this week (I can't believe I've been so spoiled since now), where I truly could not figure out how to satisfy her. She constantly wanted to eat and REFUSED to nap unless she was in my arms. I am told this is very common around 3 months - I guess she had her first noticeable growth spurt. Like a light switch, she is back to her normal, happy, smiley little girl - I'll take it!