Skip to main content

Lake Kachess Camping

Hmm....so, I'm realizing that its been almost 2 months since I last posted....guess that means we were having too much fun, guess that also means I have a lot of catch up to do.....so......here we go!

We took a family camping trip to Lake Kachess on the hottest. weekend. ever. It was over 100 degrees which made us extremely thankful we were near a lake. Luckily the heat did not bother the kids and Callie was in heaven with the lake. Liam was extremely happy camping, in fact, I don't think I've ever seen him happier. To be outside all day and be able to have his sister's undivided attention, he was so happy. We enjoyed the experience of having absolutely NO routine, NO priorities, and NO obligations.

We lucked out with a very secluded campsite and it allowed the kids to just explore with no fear that they would accidentally run into another campsite. Not really sure why we even brought toys, I don't think we really played with anything besides sand toys.

My 2 happy campers



This is not the best picture but, by far, my favorite. Callie is helping Liam through the woods....what an amazing sister!

There was much rock throwing over the weekend....we tried to throw the biggest, the smallest, the most, any rocks we could get our hands on. 



This was about how far Liam went in the lake the whole weekend but Callie was more than happy to swim with Preston. She is a bit of a fish!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bikes

We are now a family of 4 pretty impressive bike riders.

Introducing.....Callie Lynn Graham

Our baby girl has finally come to join our family! Callie was born on August 10th at 6:34 pm., weighing in at 7 pounds 1 ounce and measuring 19.5 inches long. She is a absolute delight and Preston and I can't seem to get enough of her. Although the laboring went quickly, the delivery proved a bit trickier for me and we ended up needing to deliver by C-section. Callie was extremely healthy and was ready to leave the hospital even before I was! Due to a few complications, Preston, Callie, and I ended up staying at the hospital for 5 days. Luckily Preston has so much time off of work - don't know what we would have done if he needed to go back after a week. We can't seem to say enough positive things about the nursing staff at St. Joseph's hospital. They were amazing! Although it was not fun staying at the hospital that long (especially since we only packed our bag for one night) we got a lot of extra help with nursing and overall care of Callie. Both Preston and Call...

Mothers Day Weekend

We had amazing weather for Mother's Day weekend and tried to enjoy every minute of the summer. On Sunday, Callie and I ran the color run. A 5k through Seattle which involved a lot of dust and color. It was a lot of fun and  I was super proud of her and how she pushed herself. Before the race. Shirts are still white and hair is still normal color. We ran with one of Callie's good friends and her mom.  Bubbles! That was a highlight for Callie, she loved running through the bubbles.  Done! Color and dust everywhere! We spent Saturday with Katy and Dennis and explored Renton and a local beach and park. Callie and Katy The gang! Saturday was so beautiful that we actually went home and the kids ran in the sprinklers and played in the bathing suits all day.