Skip to main content

3 Years Old!

I can't believe my little girl is now three years old! Wow, time flies! Many exciting things have been happening with her - she has officially stopped going to day care and will be starting a preschool closer to home. She will be going 3 days a week (mornings) with kids in our neighborhood and many from our church. She is excited and has bought a new big girl back pack and is always asking when she gets to start Miss Tammy's.

I am continuing to use this for her baby book, so here's some new things about her:
  • She is SOOOO creative! I love her imagination! She can make up stories, songs, words, anything. She loves to play with her babies (she calls herself a small mommy and gets mad if you tell her she is not a mommy) and will spend hours making them do circle time with them, reading them stories, dressing them, or putting diapers on them. 
  • She loves to ask questions. About anything and everything. She can spend a whole drive asking questions - one 45 minute car ride consisted of nonstop questions about cows, horses, heaven, golf and then swimming. 
  • She is a bit of a fish. We have spent a lot of this summer in pools and lakes and she has loved it. She has learned to trust her life jacket and will swim by herself with it on. We have been continuing swim lessons and she has made some huge strides. 
  • She has some great sayings like "my pee is sick" (when we make her try the potty and she doesn't have to go) and says twenty-ten (for thirty).
  • She remembers everything....everything! Be careful what you say around her because she will bring it up (months later!). 
  • She is a quick learner. She can write her own name, recognize her last name, she knows all her letters and their sounds, she can count to 29, and much, much more!
  • She has a love for books and could spend an entire day having you read to her. Its amazing that sometimes I have to tell her that we are only allowed to read one more story and she is not happy about it (because we have read for the last hour). 
  • She worries a lot....wish I could do something to help her with that. She worries about everything - at all times and for days and data. She will often call us into her room I the middle of the night because she's worried we didn't put a toy away, or that we make sure we feed brother.....anything.
  • Everything is yesterday. She doesn't quite have elapsed time down. Yesterday means yesterday, days ago or a week ago. 
  • She is a great big sister and loves to make Liam smile and laugh. She has realized that she can now make him laugh in the car and I just hear the two of them giggling nonstop. 
We had a big family party before her birthday which included an all cousin camp out in our back yard. 
Snuggles with Aunt Kristine

Hanging out down by the fire pit

Dinner time!


The birthday princess (who requested strawberry cupcakes)

Movie night with the cousins (before we moved to the tent)

Callie's favorite movie

On her actual birthday we had a very quiet day with church and cake (can't get much better than that)!
2 out of 3 of my favorite people!

The birthday girl

She was so excited to make and decorate her cake - she asked about it all day!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting growy

Now that Liam has arrived, it's becoming more and more obvious how big and mature Callie is! I keep telling her that she needs to stop getting so big.....her response? "No, I want to get growy like you so I can open the blinds and drive all by myself!"......hmmm, not quite ready for that! But this weekend was a BIG weekend for Callie, Saturday I was feeding Liam and Callie was changing her babies when she ran off to the bathroom. After a couple minutes Preston ran to check on her and we found that she decided she was done with her pacifier and was throwing it into the trash (we had previously gotten rid of it until we found out she was afraid of the dark, and on our pediatrician's advice, gave it back to her after a month of no sleep). We went with it and Saturday she had her first pacifier free night......it was rough! Unfortunately Preston had to deal with the brunt of it, as I was up with Liam. Not much sleep in the graham house! We were motivated though.....Sunda...

Introducing.....Callie Lynn Graham

Our baby girl has finally come to join our family! Callie was born on August 10th at 6:34 pm., weighing in at 7 pounds 1 ounce and measuring 19.5 inches long. She is a absolute delight and Preston and I can't seem to get enough of her. Although the laboring went quickly, the delivery proved a bit trickier for me and we ended up needing to deliver by C-section. Callie was extremely healthy and was ready to leave the hospital even before I was! Due to a few complications, Preston, Callie, and I ended up staying at the hospital for 5 days. Luckily Preston has so much time off of work - don't know what we would have done if he needed to go back after a week. We can't seem to say enough positive things about the nursing staff at St. Joseph's hospital. They were amazing! Although it was not fun staying at the hospital that long (especially since we only packed our bag for one night) we got a lot of extra help with nursing and overall care of Callie. Both Preston and Call...

Sun River 2018

For mid winter break, we headed up to Sun River for the week. As always, it did not disappoint! The kids had a blast spending the week with Grandma and Grandpa, all their cousins, skiing, and playing in the snow. This year we started with no snow on the ground and ended with a blizzard that made driving home very tricky. Liam stayed home with Grandma while Callie and I skied. Although it is always hard to be left behind, he loves his Grandma so much and they had an absolute blast together. I'm also realizing that she took all the pictures so I have very few with her...major bummer! We celebrated these 2 boys on this trip.  When there is this many kids, you not only take over the whole run but there it is also very difficult to figure out which way to go.... Grandpa and his gang Pretty soon we won't all fit on one couch. Unfortunately our sister/dad ski day did not go as planned. Sarah took a spill the day before and was not able to ski with us for ...