Skip to main content

William Connor Graham


Well, life has officially changed for the Graham household. We are no longer a flexible family of three; we are now a "planning required" family of four.


Monday, February 17th we welcomed William Connor Graham to our family. This pregnancy was very different from Callie's from the beginning and the labor proved no different. Liam came with no complications and required only a 24 hour stay at the hospital. Things went very quickly with the delivery (I was very happy I opted to get the epidural when I did) and although he did not enjoy the labor (his heart rate would drop pretty drastically with each contraction) we were able to avoid a C section or any other helpful means. He was born at 2:16 p.m., weighed a very healthy 7 pounds 6 ounces, and was 20 inches long. Despite having a little bit of jaundice, he is overall a very healthy boy. Much different from his sister, Liam has been a great eater and sleeper - at 10 days he is back to his birth weight and sleeping most of the day and just getting up at night to feed.

Overall, it has been a big adjustment for everyone - more so for Callie than anyone else. She has struggled quite a bit but has been doing better and better each day. Preston and I have to keep telling ourselves that we totally rocked her world and just to be as patient as possible. We are working hard to find that line between patience, indulgence, and firm expectations.....we are getting there. The fits are coming fewer and farther between and she has started to interact with Liam and give him hugs and kisses. I'm sure things will help when Liam becomes a bit more interactive but we are so thankful that he sleeps a lot so we can give Callie the attention she needs/deserves.

Meeting Grandma and Grandpa for the first time

Aunt Sarah was the lucky one to get to be the first to hold him! I guess that's the perks of having Callie for the night 


Snuggling with Grandpa

Meeting Aunt Amy and Bennett......I can't wait for Bennett to show him the ropes!

A rare moment - eyes open and alert

He looks exactly (EXACTLY) like his sister!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting growy

Now that Liam has arrived, it's becoming more and more obvious how big and mature Callie is! I keep telling her that she needs to stop getting so big.....her response? "No, I want to get growy like you so I can open the blinds and drive all by myself!"......hmmm, not quite ready for that! But this weekend was a BIG weekend for Callie, Saturday I was feeding Liam and Callie was changing her babies when she ran off to the bathroom. After a couple minutes Preston ran to check on her and we found that she decided she was done with her pacifier and was throwing it into the trash (we had previously gotten rid of it until we found out she was afraid of the dark, and on our pediatrician's advice, gave it back to her after a month of no sleep). We went with it and Saturday she had her first pacifier free night......it was rough! Unfortunately Preston had to deal with the brunt of it, as I was up with Liam. Not much sleep in the graham house! We were motivated though.....Sunda...

Introducing.....Callie Lynn Graham

Our baby girl has finally come to join our family! Callie was born on August 10th at 6:34 pm., weighing in at 7 pounds 1 ounce and measuring 19.5 inches long. She is a absolute delight and Preston and I can't seem to get enough of her. Although the laboring went quickly, the delivery proved a bit trickier for me and we ended up needing to deliver by C-section. Callie was extremely healthy and was ready to leave the hospital even before I was! Due to a few complications, Preston, Callie, and I ended up staying at the hospital for 5 days. Luckily Preston has so much time off of work - don't know what we would have done if he needed to go back after a week. We can't seem to say enough positive things about the nursing staff at St. Joseph's hospital. They were amazing! Although it was not fun staying at the hospital that long (especially since we only packed our bag for one night) we got a lot of extra help with nursing and overall care of Callie. Both Preston and Call...

Sun River 2018

For mid winter break, we headed up to Sun River for the week. As always, it did not disappoint! The kids had a blast spending the week with Grandma and Grandpa, all their cousins, skiing, and playing in the snow. This year we started with no snow on the ground and ended with a blizzard that made driving home very tricky. Liam stayed home with Grandma while Callie and I skied. Although it is always hard to be left behind, he loves his Grandma so much and they had an absolute blast together. I'm also realizing that she took all the pictures so I have very few with her...major bummer! We celebrated these 2 boys on this trip.  When there is this many kids, you not only take over the whole run but there it is also very difficult to figure out which way to go.... Grandpa and his gang Pretty soon we won't all fit on one couch. Unfortunately our sister/dad ski day did not go as planned. Sarah took a spill the day before and was not able to ski with us for ...