Callie loves to babble...often, you just look at her, nod your head and smile. Just recently Preston and i are starting to understand and recognize her babbling, and have been amazed at what she is actually saying. Her independent streak often has resulted in her grabbing a book off the shelf, saying Callie's turn, and babbling away. We just realized that she is actually reading the book - or, saying the parts of the book that she remembers. Her favorites to read are the best nest, go, dog, go, and the potty book. Here is her reading go, dog, go (the board book version - who knew the real story is soooo long).
Now that Liam has arrived, it's becoming more and more obvious how big and mature Callie is! I keep telling her that she needs to stop getting so big.....her response? "No, I want to get growy like you so I can open the blinds and drive all by myself!"......hmmm, not quite ready for that! But this weekend was a BIG weekend for Callie, Saturday I was feeding Liam and Callie was changing her babies when she ran off to the bathroom. After a couple minutes Preston ran to check on her and we found that she decided she was done with her pacifier and was throwing it into the trash (we had previously gotten rid of it until we found out she was afraid of the dark, and on our pediatrician's advice, gave it back to her after a month of no sleep). We went with it and Saturday she had her first pacifier free night......it was rough! Unfortunately Preston had to deal with the brunt of it, as I was up with Liam. Not much sleep in the graham house! We were motivated though.....Sunda...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete