So, Callie has come down with a case of croup (good ol'daycare) and we had a VERY rough night on Sunday. She was up every 20 mins - hour coughing. Luckily Preston was home and we took turns with her - eventually I ended up sleeping with her in the chair (although she still woke up coughing every hour) because I didn't have to work on Monday. Needless to say, we were not a very exciting family Monday night. We were all in bed by 8 and Callie continued to get up a bit but not nearly as much as the night before. The last time I went in to see her was about 11 - the next thing I knew it was time for me to get up for work. When Preston got up, I made the comment "she slept better than on Sunday" and he just looked at me and laughed. Apparently, she got up a bunch in the middle in the night and I was just too exhausted to realize it. He said I was so out of it that one time I told him it was the rain, not Callie crying.....I'm going to choose my version of the story and not the version that makes me look like not the greatest mom in the world (sorry, sweetie!).
Now that Liam has arrived, it's becoming more and more obvious how big and mature Callie is! I keep telling her that she needs to stop getting so big.....her response? "No, I want to get growy like you so I can open the blinds and drive all by myself!"......hmmm, not quite ready for that! But this weekend was a BIG weekend for Callie, Saturday I was feeding Liam and Callie was changing her babies when she ran off to the bathroom. After a couple minutes Preston ran to check on her and we found that she decided she was done with her pacifier and was throwing it into the trash (we had previously gotten rid of it until we found out she was afraid of the dark, and on our pediatrician's advice, gave it back to her after a month of no sleep). We went with it and Saturday she had her first pacifier free night......it was rough! Unfortunately Preston had to deal with the brunt of it, as I was up with Liam. Not much sleep in the graham house! We were motivated though.....Sunda...
Comments
Post a Comment