Skip to main content

Randomness

Since we are officially one year old - I won't be posting updates every month but I will be trying to update when new things happen (especially since this is her baby book). She continues to amaze Preston and I - she is now in the toddler room which was a bit of a rough transition. We just have to keep telling ourselves that, by a long shot, she is the youngest one in there and we have to remember how frustrating that can be for her. This week was the first week that she seemed to be herself in there, we are very hopeful. She can now say bye-bye, more, cat, mom, dad, ball, water, and milk.
Now that I'm back to work, I'm realizing I'm not taking as many pictures as I was this summer but here's some randomness:
She loves corn on the cob and can totally eat it by herself. She has now started eating other foods that way as well including string cheese and nutrigrain bars (from the middle out)

The husky season has started! She looks a bit like a boy wearing her husky jersey but we figure what's one day here or there?
Callie had her first night away from us. Grandma and Grandpa Knowles invited all the kids over for a sleepover. They spent the night doing crafts, picking blackberries (in Callie and Laurel's case, eating blackberries), picking plums, and laughing! She had a blast. She, of course, LOVES her cousin Maya!

Picking plums with Grandpa (I love that they each have their own bowls)

Sharing plums with Laurel - Laurel has a HUGE stash!

Cousins! (I had to post this one, as grandma was able to get Maya to smile for the camera!)

I had warned Grandma that she would need to cut Callie off when picking blackberries and I was right! Every blackberry that went in her bowl went right into her mouth

The next day I met everyone at the fair. Callie had a blast petting and visiting all the animals.

There was this crazy music thing that kids were pounding and banging away on - Callie joined right in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting growy

Now that Liam has arrived, it's becoming more and more obvious how big and mature Callie is! I keep telling her that she needs to stop getting so big.....her response? "No, I want to get growy like you so I can open the blinds and drive all by myself!"......hmmm, not quite ready for that! But this weekend was a BIG weekend for Callie, Saturday I was feeding Liam and Callie was changing her babies when she ran off to the bathroom. After a couple minutes Preston ran to check on her and we found that she decided she was done with her pacifier and was throwing it into the trash (we had previously gotten rid of it until we found out she was afraid of the dark, and on our pediatrician's advice, gave it back to her after a month of no sleep). We went with it and Saturday she had her first pacifier free night......it was rough! Unfortunately Preston had to deal with the brunt of it, as I was up with Liam. Not much sleep in the graham house! We were motivated though.....Sunda...

Introducing.....Callie Lynn Graham

Our baby girl has finally come to join our family! Callie was born on August 10th at 6:34 pm., weighing in at 7 pounds 1 ounce and measuring 19.5 inches long. She is a absolute delight and Preston and I can't seem to get enough of her. Although the laboring went quickly, the delivery proved a bit trickier for me and we ended up needing to deliver by C-section. Callie was extremely healthy and was ready to leave the hospital even before I was! Due to a few complications, Preston, Callie, and I ended up staying at the hospital for 5 days. Luckily Preston has so much time off of work - don't know what we would have done if he needed to go back after a week. We can't seem to say enough positive things about the nursing staff at St. Joseph's hospital. They were amazing! Although it was not fun staying at the hospital that long (especially since we only packed our bag for one night) we got a lot of extra help with nursing and overall care of Callie. Both Preston and Call...

Sun River 2018

For mid winter break, we headed up to Sun River for the week. As always, it did not disappoint! The kids had a blast spending the week with Grandma and Grandpa, all their cousins, skiing, and playing in the snow. This year we started with no snow on the ground and ended with a blizzard that made driving home very tricky. Liam stayed home with Grandma while Callie and I skied. Although it is always hard to be left behind, he loves his Grandma so much and they had an absolute blast together. I'm also realizing that she took all the pictures so I have very few with her...major bummer! We celebrated these 2 boys on this trip.  When there is this many kids, you not only take over the whole run but there it is also very difficult to figure out which way to go.... Grandpa and his gang Pretty soon we won't all fit on one couch. Unfortunately our sister/dad ski day did not go as planned. Sarah took a spill the day before and was not able to ski with us for ...