Skip to main content

3 Months!

Holy cow! I can't believe that she is three months old already! Time really seems to fly - I am already dreading going back to work....

Here's some updates (not too much has changed since last month):
  • We didn't have a doctor's appointment this month so I have no idea how much she weighs or what her stats are, so let's just say - she's getting heavier, longer, and chubbier (does that work?)
  • (this shows how long she really is!)
  • She has started to control her arms and hands and can now reach and grab for toys on purpose. She has started grabbing onto toys and moving them to her mouth so she can suck on them
  • She smiles a lot - especially in the morning and if she is well rested!
  • She hasn't laughed yet, but she REALLY wants to - right now you see the huge smile and you hear something that kind of sounds like a cough
  • She continues to be a fabulous sleeper - not the best napper but I would take a night time sleeper over a napper anyday
  • By far, she prefers to be sitting up than laying down - too bad, she can't quite sit up on her own
  • She is NOT a cuddler (darn!). The only time she cuddles is right after she wakes up, so I probably spend more time in the rocker with her after her nap than before it - more than she probably likes but it is officially my favorite time with her
  • She loves to talk - especially when she is tired, and will talk the entire way through the pre-nap story
  • Her neck is getting stronger and stronger every day and soon she will be sitting in the Bumbo for longer than a few minutes

We had our first set of rough days this week (I can't believe I've been so spoiled since now), where I truly could not figure out how to satisfy her. She constantly wanted to eat and REFUSED to nap unless she was in my arms. I am told this is very common around 3 months - I guess she had her first noticeable growth spurt. Like a light switch, she is back to her normal, happy, smiley little girl - I'll take it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting growy

Now that Liam has arrived, it's becoming more and more obvious how big and mature Callie is! I keep telling her that she needs to stop getting so big.....her response? "No, I want to get growy like you so I can open the blinds and drive all by myself!"......hmmm, not quite ready for that! But this weekend was a BIG weekend for Callie, Saturday I was feeding Liam and Callie was changing her babies when she ran off to the bathroom. After a couple minutes Preston ran to check on her and we found that she decided she was done with her pacifier and was throwing it into the trash (we had previously gotten rid of it until we found out she was afraid of the dark, and on our pediatrician's advice, gave it back to her after a month of no sleep). We went with it and Saturday she had her first pacifier free night......it was rough! Unfortunately Preston had to deal with the brunt of it, as I was up with Liam. Not much sleep in the graham house! We were motivated though.....Sunda...

Introducing.....Callie Lynn Graham

Our baby girl has finally come to join our family! Callie was born on August 10th at 6:34 pm., weighing in at 7 pounds 1 ounce and measuring 19.5 inches long. She is a absolute delight and Preston and I can't seem to get enough of her. Although the laboring went quickly, the delivery proved a bit trickier for me and we ended up needing to deliver by C-section. Callie was extremely healthy and was ready to leave the hospital even before I was! Due to a few complications, Preston, Callie, and I ended up staying at the hospital for 5 days. Luckily Preston has so much time off of work - don't know what we would have done if he needed to go back after a week. We can't seem to say enough positive things about the nursing staff at St. Joseph's hospital. They were amazing! Although it was not fun staying at the hospital that long (especially since we only packed our bag for one night) we got a lot of extra help with nursing and overall care of Callie. Both Preston and Call...

Sun River 2018

For mid winter break, we headed up to Sun River for the week. As always, it did not disappoint! The kids had a blast spending the week with Grandma and Grandpa, all their cousins, skiing, and playing in the snow. This year we started with no snow on the ground and ended with a blizzard that made driving home very tricky. Liam stayed home with Grandma while Callie and I skied. Although it is always hard to be left behind, he loves his Grandma so much and they had an absolute blast together. I'm also realizing that she took all the pictures so I have very few with her...major bummer! We celebrated these 2 boys on this trip.  When there is this many kids, you not only take over the whole run but there it is also very difficult to figure out which way to go.... Grandpa and his gang Pretty soon we won't all fit on one couch. Unfortunately our sister/dad ski day did not go as planned. Sarah took a spill the day before and was not able to ski with us for ...